Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search Calendar Calendar More Options... Options
Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Start a new topic New Topic
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Author Message
Becca Martin

Becca Martin

Total Messages 39

Subject:Council Minutes 06-13-11

Council Meeting Agenda June 13th, 2011

I. Call To Order
The regular meeting of the Associated Students of Grays Harbor College was called to order at 2:25 PM on May 23rd, 2011 in the West Wing Multi-Purpose Room by Greg Taylor.

II. Roll Call
Present:
Greg Taylor, President
Becca Martin, Vice President of Communications & Records
David Quinton, Vice President of Finance
Cassi Foster, Senator Clubs & Organizations
Jon Odegard, Proxy for Kameron Covall, Senator of Promotions
Cal Erwin-Svoboda, Advisor

Absent:
Andrew Bolton, Senator of Legislative Affairs
Jayme Rudloff, Senator of Community & Academic Affairs
Kameron Covall, Senator of Promotions, Proxy letter on File

Vacant:
VACANT, Senator of Advocacy & Outreach
VACANT, Senator of Advocacy & Outreach

Gallery:
Derek Hall Veteran’s Club
Keaton Bradley

III. Approval of Agenda
David motioned to approve the agenda with changes to Cassi’s name and addition to Unfinished Business of D. Flash Drives.
Becca 2nd
Motion passes: 4-0-0

IV. Approval of Minutes
David motioned to approve the minutes from June 6th, 2011
Cassi 2nd
Motion passes: 4-0-0

V. Statements From The Gallery
Vets Club is having their fireworks stand for 4th of July. Karen finally met with Barb in the Business Dept and everything is a go. We will have a tent across Simpson from Middle Swanson’s and a Stand at Safeway. Karen says the they are estimating a minimum profit from the tent alone of $10,000. Also, watch channel 7 as Derek will be on there being interviewed about the shooting that he witnessed last night.

VI. Executive Reports

President (Greg Taylor)
Announcements
Greg will be attending the PTK Training next week.
Presidents Cabinet
N/A

Board of Trustees
Meeting Next Tuesday

Budget Committee
N/A

Bylaws Committee
N/A

Elections Committee
N/A

Vice-President of Communication & Records (Becca Martin)
Weekly Report
Minutes were posted this morning. Sorry they were late, as I was waiting for files to be emailed that never were.

The year is almost over. I am looking forward to what next year will bring. I am sad to see some go, and looking forward to those just coming in. My only Final is on Tuesday, so as of that day, I will not be on Campus. IF anyone needs to contact me, I am on Facebook and my home email is atropibelladonna@hotmail.com.

Thank you for the opportunity to be on ASGHC this year. I look forward to being on the Council next year, Bylaws and all.

Announcements
Report online.

Library Advising Committee
N/A

Club Coordinating Council
There were only a few clubs that showed up for the meeting.

Faculty Excellence
N/A

Vice-President of Finance (David Quinton)
Weekly Reports
I am glad this year is coming to a conclusion and I am moving on to bigger and better things. This year has been quite the experience. Good luck to all of you who will be working with Student Council next year. A word of wisdom, do not hold others to higher standards than you are holding yourself or expect more out of them than you are willing to put in. A note to whoever will be posting the minutes. I am submitting paperwork for our paychecks based on what is posted in the minutes. If there are no minutes, everyone will have to wait until they are posted online. I for one would like to get paid sooner than later.

VP of Finance
David Quinton

Announcements
David was very disappointed that Council moved the time of the meeting for Jayme and Andrew and they did not show up.
David will file stipends as soon as the minutes are posted.

Budget Committee
N/A

Technology Fee Committee
N/A

VII. Senator Reports

Senator of Advocacy & Outreach 1 (VACANT)
Announcements
Tenure Committee
Elections Committee
Academic Review Committee

Senator of Advocacy & Outreach 2 (VACANT)
Announcements
Club Coordinating Committee
Diversity Committee
Tenure Committee

Senator of Community & Academic Affairs (Jayme Rudloff)

Announcements
Club Coordinating Committee
Diversity Committee
Tenure Committee

Senator of Legislative Affairs (Andrew Bolton)

Announcements
Club Coordinating Committee
Diversity Committee
Tenure Committee

Senator of Clubs & Organizations (Cassi Foster)
Announcements
N/A

Budget Committee
N/A

Club Coordinating Council
Got a small list of ne Club Officers. Cassi has been sending emails to clubs with no response. Could be because Cassi cannot get into email & web board so it is not coming from an official ASGHC email.

Tenure Committee
N/A

Senator of Promotions (Kameron Covall)
Weekly Report
Kameron sent a letter with his Proxy Jon. In it Kameron stated that he was stepping down from Senator of Legislation for next year. Kameron will be applying for the Promotions Consultant.
Kameron stated that this quarter has been both an honor and a burden. Kameron enjoyed the work he did, and he is grateful for the opportunity to meet and get to know everyone. That said, Kameron will enjoy the summer and being free from the concerns of student government from here forth!
To everyone: Have a great summer! For those Kameron will see next year… see you next year. To those Kameron won’t see… Catch you later!
Thank you Jon for sitting in for this meeting.

Announcements
N/A

Awards & Recognitions Committee
N/A

Diversity Committee
N/A

VIII. Advisor Report (Cal Erwin-Svoboda)

Swipe cards: All ASGHC members will need to turn in their swipe cards by Thursday, June 16. Office will remain open M-F, 8:00-4:30 PM through June 30, 2011 and accessible through the cafeteria double doors. Starting Friday, July 1 the office will be closed until mid-August. This decision has been made since there is no administrative support of the program during the summer months.

2011-2012 Student Council and Programming Board members will have M-TH, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM access to the program department starting August 10, 2011. No access on Fridays since campus is closed on these weekdays in the summer.

Amended Bylaws: I cannot seem to find the email that was sent out asking council members to re-go through the approved sections after the amended bylaws were lost in cyberspace. Can someone help me? Did anyone make corrections? Who re-made the revisions? Can I please see what has been drafted/approved? Thank you for helping me with this.

Coordinator Evaluation: Will be passing out coordinator/advisor evaluations that will be compiled by my workstudy and forwarded to Arlene, week of June 20 for further discussion.

Year-End Evaluation: Will also have each council member fill out an eval document.

Supplies to Dungeon: Did mayhem supplies get moved to the 800 building dungeon? If not, when will this be completed? Two coolers, box of decorations, and pools need to go down as well. They are in the Student Activities Storage.

Graduation: Graduation has been moved from the Bishop Center to the upper-campus courtyard. A series of tents will be put up Wednesday. Should provide adequate seating for 900+ students and guests. 3 tickets per graduate. See Margo in Student Services.

Letter for Binder: I expect to see letters from each council member, regardless if you are continuing on next year.

Final Thoughts: It has been a year. Best wishes to all of you continuing on and adventuring away from the College. For those of you returning for another year, rest up and be ready for a year of growth and servant leadership starting September 1.

Please fill out ASGHC Review and Coordinator Evaluation.

IX. Unfinished Business
A. By-Laws – This is done for the year!

Jon motioned to amend last week’s motion by Kameron to add Articles I, II, & III and Constitution to current Bylaws to add Articles I & II and Constitution to current Bylaws with grammatical changes per Cal.
Becca 2nd.
Motion Passes 3-1-0
David declined

B. Mayhem Cleanup – Still need cleanup experience. Working on it after finals, if anybody has a few minutes to fold up a tent and put them away please do.

Thursday at 12 pm. Cassi stated she will be there. Becca stated she will have her son there to help.

C. End of the year duties – Did everybody get their “what I learned” letters done?

D. Flash Drives—

Becca found 2GB flash drives for 5.84 each and a 320 GB portable hard drive for 49.98 at Walmart. Cal asked if we could go through Office Depot.

David motioned to purchase 7- 2GB Flash Drives and 1- 320 GB portable hard drive from Office Depot.
Cassi 2nd.
Motion Passes 4-0-0

X. New Business
A. Anything else???

Keaton Bradley showed up for the meeting. Keaton will be Vice President of ASGHC next year.

XI. Announcements

XII. Executive Session
Executive Session under RCW 42.30.110 an executive session may be held for the purpose of receiving or evaluating complaints against or reviewing the performance of a public employee: consultation with legal counsel regarding agency enforcement actions, or actual or potential agency litigations: considering the sale or acquisition of real estate: and/or reviewing professional negotiations.

XIII. Adjournment

Jon motioned to adjourn the meeting at 3:45
Cassi 2nd.
Motion Passes 4-0-0



Document061311.docx
061311

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 05:58 PM
Left Button SpacerSend user an email email|View user's profile profileRight Button Spacer
Left Button SpacerReply to this message replyRight Button Spacer
 
(Deleted User)

(Deleted User)

Subject:Coach Outlet Online

Monthly, you will definately

Coach Outlet Online

get to impress in bargains that are just offered to ensure you experienced

Coach Outlet

resellers.Gucci sunglasses why not choose it? Primarily they will impart level

Coach Factory Outlet

of a 60 minute: hour: further am/pm file, therefore their particular

Coach Outlet Online

reliability. Jonathan Wright with "Nutrition Treating,Half inch

Coach Factory Outlet

Telecom Health's lots ir bathhouses are usually efficient and easy your

Coach Outlet Store Online

personal. It becomes an an additional most sensible

Coach Outlet Store Online

thing for smaller businesses every time budgets

Coach Factory Outlet

certainly are a fabulous constraint for the children because they

Coach Outlet

are able acquire 600 number just by virtually nothing. I just now merely

Coach Outlet

discovered the distinguied work much later. With every season or fashion line how the infamous

Coach Handbags Outlet

Dior introduces you will find usually several handbags that

Coach Factory Outlet

will be competent to mix and match with every outfit while in the line.

Coach Outlet

Do you want to improve coziness definitel manage more money your financial situation

Coach Outlet

on the easy outfits and even note of backpack, also known as certain corduroy? You

Coach Outlet Online

will see Wednesday voucher codes for virtually every variety of

Coach Factory Outlet

programs, brand names, suppliers, bistros, goods and services as well

Coach Outlet

as anything and everything a large number of of us cover under the sun. The founder

Michael Kors Outlet

of the company was Guccio Gucci who founded business in Florence,

Michael Kors Outlet Store

Italy in 1921.The accommodation is just a few steps

Michael Kors Outlet Online

from Milan chic fashion district; Via della Spiga,

Michael Kors Outlet

Via Montenapoleone, Via Manzoni, plus the hotel can also be near all

Michael Kors Outlet

of the famous Milan Attractions; Duomo cathedral,

Chanel Handbags

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.Which i look forward seeing the Depth Purchase to lose

Chanel Outlet

from among a motors simply because I do know what visiting seem like whether they

Chanel Outlet

have carrying it out done.


Posted: 01 Nov 2013 07:17 PM
 
Left Button SpacerReply to this message replyRight Button Spacer
 
 
Start a new topic New Topic
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic

 
go

Log In Options


Powered by WebBoard Powered by WebBoard 8
©2005 Akiva Corporation
Licensed for Free Non-Commercial Use